After waiting for it to warm up a little, we went out and sorted the garden - Vic pulled all the crap off the flower beds, and I used the mower as a vacuum cleaner to get rid of it all. I believe this is the first time the grass has been cut this year!
I tinkered with the whole house fan - basically i'm going to try not securing it, but using buffers to hold it in place. I've put pipe insulation on the bottom, so that it'll hopefully be quieter than if it's solid mounted. We'll see. We dragged it up into the roof, and muscled it into place, then built the buffers. Now it just needs wiring in (oh, and the hole cut in the ceiling, but that's a leap of faith).