The weather station has been reading low on rainfall. I thought it had stopped working when it was reading 0 during a rainstorm, but there look to be bug fixes for this behaviour. Applying the new firmware reset the whole bloody thing, meaning I got to go through all the setup process again. Anyway, it's done now, so let's see how it does going forward.
I went out to get some stuff, and ended up at the Chevy dealer and test driving a Bolt. It's smaller than I'd thought, but it drives like a normal car. The heater seems to knock off a fair bit of mileage though - I think we drove maybe 10 miles, and took over 20 miles off the range. They're going to call me when they get an orange one in, so I can go and see the colour :o)
I tried heating up the brake hub of the van to get the bearing race out, and it wasn't budging. It looks fine, so I think I'll probably just leave it in there now. I just have to wait for the replacement spindle to get here, and that seems like it's taking forever.