The weather forecast is for high, gusty wind, so I decided to do some maintenance on vehicles. I started off replacing the alternator and powered steering belts on the van, and that was actually easier than I'd thought, once I figured everything out - it's a lot easier to take the silencer off that try and work around it.
We then went out and got a party pack of viton O rings and went to lunch, and when we got home I started in on the DRZ. I couldn't get any of the O rings to seal the fuel tap, so I've just ordered a new tap, but I think I've got one sorted for the carb. Taking the carb out and putting it back in was a real trial, but it's done now. I took the spark plug out and turned the engine over to (hopefully) blow all the gas in the engine all over the garage. I've ordered an oil change kit (it's an olde-worlde dirtbike style oil filter, rather than a spin-on, so there are a bunch of O rings in there that need replacing, too).