I headed out to the airport via the bank, where I pulled out a cashier's cheque for the Magni. At Lincoln, I gave the cheque to Ken, then watched the LRAA presentations in their annual meeting. After that, we peered at the Magni to figure out how we're going to convert it over so I can fly it :o) At the moment, it sounds like I'll have a foot brake, and a twist grip throttle, but that could change. The Magni has a 1" stick, where the Flightstar has a 7/8" - the standard motorcycle stuff is 7/8", so we're going to move over to using that to make it easier to get parts and suchlike.
I tried bending the brackets for the headlight mounts for the van using a proper brake at the airport, but the first one cracked - seems that there are different grains in some aluminium, and if you go the wrong way, it can cause this sort of thing. I'm going to try and get some more, better stuff and try again.
I took all of my easy to remove clutter out of the Flightstar, as it sounds like Ken might have already found a buyer for it. I'll need tools to take the conversion stuff out, and I'll do that after I'm sure I don't need to demo fly it for anybody.
When I got home, I spent some time sorting out a couple of Google Groups to do the mailings for the EAA. It'll manage subscriptions, and have a history, and hopefully stop us getting stuff labelled as spam.
Post a Comment