Monday, April 1, 2019

March 30th

I'd ordered a replacement window regulator for the van - not an aftermarket part, just a used VW one.  I sprayed it full of degreaser, cleaned everything out and filled it with lithium grease before putting it all back together.  It didn't take long to strip the aftermarket one out of the van, and looking at them, the VW part is curved where the aftermarket one is straight - I'm wondering if this is why it binds.  Anyway, I got it all back together, wound the window down, then heard a fuse pop winding it back up.  After a lot of digging, I found the fuse on the input to the window switches, and that I'd trapped one of the wires to the motor behind the window - going down that wire was obviously ground, so going up... Anyway, I got everything all back together, it's just a 1 hour job took me closer to 3 hours.  Oh well.  We took the Bolt out to get lunch, then I went to the airport and took the gyro out for some circuits.  The pattern wasn't too busy, and I managed to fly in just a jacket, rather than my flight suit for the first time this year :o)  7 landings later, and after chatting with John for a bit, I headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment