I started the day an hour late, thanks to the clock change. Having met Randy, Shane and Liza at the airport, we flew to Auburn in the gusty wind.
The flight back was just as adventurous... there were very few aircraft flying :o)
Back at Lincoln, I fiddled with my squeaking brake a little, Shane tidied away some loose wires from our ADS-B install and Randy dinked around with his malfunctioning fuel pressure sensor.
Now, right from the start I've said it's an electrical issue, but he was thinking he was going to replace it.
To humour me, he pulled the panel and we sprayed some contact cleaner in the EIS connector (there are 3 connections between the sensor and the display - supposedly he'd checked the other 2.)
Now a test runup had the cylinder head temperatures being high - unplugging them didn't change anything, so it wasn't the cylinder head temperatures.
We unplugged the EIS again and blew on the connector, and that seemed to have fixed that. The fuel pressure sensor was still playing up, so we spent a long time disconnecting it - most of that cutting zip ties to see where the wiring went.
We couldn't get a couple of the crimped on connectors disconnected, which ended up with the crimps being pulled off the wires, and I sat down to pull the crimps apart to see what was going on.
What looks like the main power connector for the sensor (that I was told had been "fixed" when we'd stopped at Colusa last weekend) was almost blue, it was so corroded, so it was decided that we'd replace the crimps and reconnect it to see if that was the problem.
That took a while, and once it was done, Randy took the plane out for a test flight. The cylinder head temperature warning went off again, but the fuel pressure was fine.
We left the EIS unplugged so the contact cleaner should totally dry out, but I'm hopeful that the problem was electrical, like I said at the beginning of this adventure.