It started off raining, then there were a bunch of towering cumulus clouds, meaning it was going to be bumpy, so I decided against flying.
Vic and I went and had lunch, then did a little shopping, then went home and I went through the goat sacrifice to get the Alienware Alpha that I'd lent Randy working again.
For reference, you need to:
- Take it all apart
- Remove the CMOS battery for 10 minutes
- Plug the CMOS battery back in
- Move the blue jumper from the side of the motherboard to the reset pins (vertical) in the middle of the motherboard
- Power up
- Press the power button to shut it down
- Move the blue jumper back
- Put it all back together
Finally I got to do the BIOS setup and it booted through to the logon prompt. Yay.
Randy came and picked it up to do a software update on his scooter.