Sunday, November 17, 2013
After playing Warcraft for a while, I went and got the parts I needed to finish up the van. I got everything wired up, but was getting some of behaviour, where I got the same voltage from both positions on the switch. I even backed the van out into the sun to see if that changed anything. I pulled the switch out again, and did a bunch of testing, and it seemed the problem is down to having the grounds joined together. I did some testing, and it looked like it'd work if I switched the grounds rather than the positive, so I cut a bunch of connectors off and rewired it all - success! I put everything back together and tidied up so I could call it a day.
Posted by Dug at 5:35 PM