Monday, October 16, 2017

October 15th

I started the day getting up on the roof and washing the smoke residue off the solar panels.  We'll see how long that lasts.

I changed the (endless, so I cut it off with the Dremel) chain and rear sprocket on the DRZ (it's been looking like it has some tight spots, and the rear sprockets are cheap).  The bigger (16T) front sprocket has only been on there for ~3,000 miles, and looks fine.  And is a pain to find - a lot are reported to let the chain hit the cases.  While I was working on things, I made a backing plate for the (cracked) number plate.  When you have a sheet of reasonably thick aluminium, everything is fixed by a piece of aluminium :o)

In the late afternoon, I went to the airfield and took the Flightstar out for a bimble.  The smoke's not terrible, but it is reducing visibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment