Monday, December 11, 2017

December 9th

I started the day cooking breakfast for a bunch of people at the EAA hangar, and then went to move the van so Bob could get his Archer out.  I then got tangled up with Chris' new gyro - they've fixed a bunch of bent and broken mounts on it, but the engine sounds like there's something wrong with it.  Apparently it had just been rebuilt, so the thinking was that the problem is the gearbox, and that my spare E box would solve that.  Well, we took his gearbox apart, and there's metal in the oil, but it looks OK.  And the engine still doesn't turn over properly, even without it there.  So, that's buggered then.  I took the Flightstar out for a couple of circuits, then went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment