Sunday, August 28, 2011

August 27th

I spent a chunk of the day working on the ladder that we use for mounting the hang glider to the Jeep - hacking it to try and make it fit better and more solidly. 

After all that, we went to the airfield where I wanted to change the spark plug caps for the Flightstar.  One of the caps hasn't been clipping down properly, and caps are cheap, so screw it.  Well, it seems the problem is that the nipple thing on the spark plug had come unscrewed, but I didn't figure this out until I'd changed the caps.  I then decided that now was as good a time as any to put in some new plugs - I've bought some of the gold tipped BR8EVs, to replace the Autolite equivalent of the BR8ESs that I put in at the beginning of the year.  I hadn't gapped them, so I had to squirrel around until I found some feeler gauges, so this whole process took a bit longer than I'd anticipated.  I threw in a few circuits while Vic watched from the ground, then we went home and put the roof back on the Jeep before we mounted the ladder.  It's still not perfect, but it's good enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment