Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October 25th

After work we went out and started on the hot tub.  I undid the heat sensor (that was caulked in!), then cut the sensor off the wire while Vic plugged the hole, then I plugged the hole while she taped the new wire to the old wire and pulled it through.  Then I screwed the new sensor (with it's la-di-da O ring) in, and went to wire it to the connector.  Here's where I discovered that it looks like there was possibly nothing wrong with the old one - the wires didn't look to be pushed in properly, and I'm betting that the controller fails to a high temperature when it's getting an intermittent read.  Bugger - still, I've cut the old wire, and the new one's fitted.  On turning the power back on, it read 88F, which is probably a lot closer to the truth than the 118F the old sensor was reading.  Yay.

We went out to get something to eat to celebrate, and so Vic could show me a local house that's decorated with spiders for Hallowe'en.  Some people here really get into their holidays :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment