Monday, August 27, 2012

August 25th

I dinked around with the Vanagon model for a little while, and got it almost finished.  I'm still unhappy with the body being twisted, but Don said it wasn't totally noticeable until I pointed it out to him.  That in mind, I went and bought some shinny silver paint to do the wheels and bumpers.  The acrylic stuff of Vic's has blocked my airbrush twice, so I've given up on mixing that well enough.  Wheels and bumpers painted.

I played with the fairing mount on the YSR for a bit, and I think it's a lot closer than it was.  Still not perfect, but the only thing that shows that is the stay that mounts to the head stock - I might well just put a thick washer under that and call it good :o)

In the evening, I went over to the airfield to play with the electrical problem I'm having on the plane.  Basically the engine information system keeps resetting itself - Ken suggested that it sounds like an earthing problem, so I tried tying the two earths on the instrument panel together.  I went for a quick circuit, and that hasn't fixed it.  I then played with the battery connections, and tried again.  Nope, still no luck, but I think I've figured out what the problem is - the earth from the regulator, seeing as that was the last thing I played with.  Of course, I didn't have the tools necessary to fix any of that stuff, so I called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment