Tuesday, October 6, 2015

October 6th

The SD card on the Raspberry Pi that looks after DNS and DHCP took a dump, meaning I had to go back to the locked down (and slow) configuration on the router for a while.  In the evening, I rebuilt it (on a later version of Wheezy than it had been running), and even documented what I did, for next time.

I think it's a power problem, as the RPi's sharing a non-powered USB hub for power, so I've used a little USB battery as a UPS - if it needs more than the ~1A it can get from the hub, it can suck up the battery, and in the event of an(other) power supply, it'll be fine for longer than the router's UPS :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment