Saturday, January 18, 2020
We went out to the airport and started installing the new antenna on the plane. The first attempt had the base getting trapped inside the keel, so we changed where we tied the string to the base, and tried again. We managed to get it through to the end, but it was upside down, and the keel is too small to turn it over, so we pulled it out again. The third attempt made it, and we managed to pull it out of the hole. We got the base all mounted up properly, and called it a night there, as it was damned cold. Now I just need to run the cable to the front and put back everything I took off to get the old cable out.
Posted by Dug at 9:42 AM