Sunday, June 24, 2012

June 24th

We decided to try and get the new TV antenna working today.  I thought we'd see if we could run both antennas at the same time (this is possible if the cable runs are the same length, but the one that's already in there has a little cable hanging out, making that pretty hard to set up).  Nope, that didn't work, but having it inside meant it was about as good as the 8' antenna - this one is maybe 6" tall :o)

I did a little more painting, seeing as a bunch of stuff's masked up at the moment.

We decided to move the antenna outside, but that required me making up a ~30' cable, so a trip to Lowe's to pick up the ends (I still have a bunch of coax).  Once we got that, I set everything up, and it works fine.  We have ABC, but we've lost one of the ION repeat channels - meh, whatever.

Driving to Lowe's and back I played with my new toy - a bluetooth OBDII adapter.  I'm using it with Torque on my little Android tablet.  I can see all manner of crap from the ECU on the Jeep.  I'm thinking I'll probably end up getting the full version.  Sadly the Van isn't ODBII, it's VAG-COM (and that requires a $250 piece of software to read it) :o(.

No comments:

Post a Comment