Monday, November 15, 2021

November 14th

I met Shane at the airfield and we got his windscreen bolted on again.  It was too foggy to fly to Auburn to meet Chris, but we decided Shane could do a low hop down the runway to test the panel.  He didn't fly as far as I'd thought he was going to, and it was because the new digital airspeed indicator wasn't working.  We put the plane away and drove to Auburn with Randy to meet Chris and PJ for lunch.

After lunch, we went back to Lincoln and played with the airspeed indicator.  Digging in to the setup, we found that a pressure change on the static port was registering, but nothing for the pitot port, so it's broken.  Unfortunately we couldn't find the barb to mount the old airspeed indicator, so Shane's going to talk to the manufacturer of the new one, or get a new barb for the old one, hopefully before next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment